My BP is great. Cervix is closed but 50% effaced, which Dr. Berry says doesn't mean a whole lot...but it's nice to know it's still closed.
We solved the problem of my hip pain. I've been telling Matt that it feels like someone is scraping the inside of my right hip. Well he is! Townes' head is lodged so firmly into my hip that they couldn't even really see it today. Problem solved. His head bone and my hip bone are scraping together all day long.
Dr. Berry said that this week, we've crossed a threshold, and we're golden. If the babies were born now, they'd probably spend about 3-4 weeks in the NICU as "feeders and growers." In NICU language, feeders and growers are what you want. They'd likely need some help with their bilirubin (jaundice), have a little tube in their noses to assist with feeding, have to have their blood sugars monitored and have an occasional apnea episode. While this sounds like a lot, for anyone who's been pregnant with high order multiples and prepped for the average gestation, these are "easy" problems. We've officially left a lot of the much scarier stuff in the past by making it to the landmark 32 weeks.
If I can carry them to 34 weeks or above, they'll likely just be feeders and growers and stay in the NICU for a week or two until they can learn to eat, gain some weight, and do well regulating their body temperatures. 34 weekers will always spend at least a week in the NICU.
If I can carry them to 35, there's a 50:50 chance for each baby that he'll come home with me!
By 36, there's a 90:10 chance that each baby will come home with me....leaving an overall 30% chance of one baby spending a short time in the NICU. This would be amazing. The NICU charge nurse said it's been 15+ years since all 3 triplets have gotten to go home with mom, but that's my goal anyway.
These stats are huge to us and really hammer home the importance of keeping them cooking for as long as we can. Every single day counts. While they're golden now according to our MFM, which is an indescribable relief, they get exponentially more golden every day that they stay put.
I'll keep you guys posted. We're in the home stretch. I'm already so proud of my baby boys.
Here I am this morning...32 weeks, 2 days
Absolutely amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! Walt was lodged in my left hip from 29 weeks on and it was awful. Everytime he got the hiccups, my hip vibrated. Only 2 more days and you'll hit when I delivered (32w 4d). Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeletehooray! you look so incredibly good, a! so proud of you and happy for you & matt & piper. what an exciting time. so glad your mom is helping so much too. put those feet up. hope the hip pain isn't too bad. -holly
ReplyDelete