Wednesday, November 2, 2011

33 weeks and boys look great

We saw Dr. Phillips today. The boys all got perfect scores on their bpps, which means they move well, have good fluid, good heart rates, do breathing motions well, etc...It looks like Finn has a full head of hair. We couldn't tell for sure, but Townes and Knox appear to have maybe some peach fuzz. They're all so crammed in there that it's difficult to even see their heads well anymore. And when you do see a head, someone else's foot or leg is usually in his face!

I'm still standing too...though not too much if I can help it. BP is good, and no protein is passing. My cervix is starting to change slightly. I'm 50% effaced and a little more than 1cm dilated. This is more action that my cervix showed us even on the day before Piper was born.

I am measuring 50 cm. A full term mom with one large baby measures roughly 40cm, or a centimeter per week. So it means nothing (I asked him to measure me just for fun, bc with 3 it's pretty meaningless), but it's hilarious to think that I'm measuring as if I'm 50 weeks pregnant at 33 weeks.

Speaking of being 10 weeks past due, I also talked to him about my stretch marks, which have become very pronounced. He said he's seen worse. Some ooze. OMG. I almost fell off the table. I guarantee that comment will make its way into my dream (nightmare?) tonight.

We had a little Halloween scare of our own and had to spend all day Monday in the hospital on monitors. My contractions have picked up, and Dr. Phillips just wanted to make sure I wasn't going into labor. Needless to say, all is fine, and I'm back home with meds to slow contractions. And Matt made it home in time to take our little cheeseburger trick or treating.

We got no pics of the boys, but here's one of Piper's awesome Halloween fun and one of me from earlier in the week.

I now see both docs each week, so I'll have another update next week. Fingers crossed that we can get these boys 1-2.5 more weeks. I can't wait to see them, but I'm thrilled they're cooking for a few more days at least.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it this far! At this point I cannot even imagine how huge and miserable you feel since you are two weeks farther than I made it. I'm getting excited for you that your boys will be here soon and be so big and strong! Oh, and your cheesburger is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you measured 50 weeks! That is crazy!!! I hope the hospital visit wasn't too scary. That cheeseburger costume is hilarious. Hang in there, mama!!! You are doing an amazing job. - holly

    ReplyDelete