Here are their stats:
Baby A
heart rate 144
1 lb 11 oz
Baby B
heart rate 143
1 lb 11 oz
Baby C
heart rate 152
1 lb 13 oz
HERE ARE 3 LITTLE BELLIES IN A ROW

HERE'S BABY C'S PROFILE WITH SOMEONE'S FOOT HANGING OUT NEARBY

That's closing in on 6 lbs of sweet little boys in there! A and C are head down and B is breach, but there's still enough room for flipping and flopping. Fluids, growth, movement, and cervix are all great. My BP has crept up but still isn't in the worrisome range. I'm at 126/80, and they start watching closely at anything above 140/88. Preeclampsia is almost a certainty for triplet moms, so that's something they keep an eye on. For now, I'm ok. Appointments now will be about every week.
I have to say, we've come such a long way from those first very scary appointments, and I just pray that we stay on this positive trajectory. When you get pregnant with any triplets, especially those that include MODI identicals, the stats and predictions are so dire. So far, we seem to be beating the odds. I just hope my little guys keep up their hard work.
The boys are measuring at about 50% on the singleton chart, which our doctor says is incredible for triplets. He says most triplets have fallen off or are very low on the singleton charts by now, and that our boys are "huge." They're about 90-100% for triplets....already making their mommy proud.
Dr. Berry said that I can expect to start fending off labor in about 3 weeks (various drugs, trips to the hospital, etc...) when I'll have almost 8 lbs of baby in there, but he's very hopeful based on our situation so far that we can get these boys to 33 or, even better, to 35 weeks.
If we can get them to 35, he hopes they'll only have a short stint in the NICU as "feeders and growers" and will be able to come home within a week or two. It's all too early to know, and anything can change on a dime, but even being in the position to set these goals makes us feel very blessed.


He said I will soon be wildly uncomfortable (soon?!) and will really feel myself slowing down. Right now, I look and feel like a singleton mom at 37 weeks. People already ask me every day when the big day is. A woman in the Whole Food elevator thought I looked like surely I was past due and was praying I wouldn't deliver on the short, two-flights-up ride. All this at 25 weeks.
By 28 weeks, I'll look and feel like a woman who's about 2 weeks past due....and I'll grow from there. At the moment, I'm fine. I just feel like a full termer. I take it really easy in the afternoons and evenings, and nighttime sleep is really a struggle. I've pretty much canceled all evening plans, but in the morning, I feel much better. Overall, I feel like a very pregnant version of myself, and I'm proud to say that Piper's life has been unaffected so far. She plays like a madwoman, and is really looking forward to holding her baby brothers. She is so sweet and maternal....another blessing that I count daily. Matt on the other hand gets the tired, sore, and pregnant with 3 babies end of me, but he's a trooper. He is actually the husband of the year. He works so hard, but when he gets home, he's thrilled to take over and keep me off my feet.
I've included pics. Good photos are really difficult to come by these days. There are just too many body parts competing for the limelight.
Thanks for all of the support. I've never felt more loved or taken care of. In addition to my old faithfuls (you know who you are:), I had another triplet mom call the other day to ask if she could go to the grocery store for me. She has 2.5 year old triplets, a 5 year old, a 7 year old, and a 9 year old. I told her no thank you...and then hung up in awe. I suspect those moments will be a daily part of our journey now.
What a beautiful momma and nursery. So excited for you. You are amazing and your sons and daughter have been blessed with an incredible mommy and daddy and older sister. Can't wait to hear more updates and hoping the days ahead are full of rest and as much relaxation as you can get. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteOkay so forgive the grammar error. Obviously I meant one of the following: "your sons have been blessed with an incredible mommy and daddy and older sister," or "your sons and daughter have been blessed with an incredible mommy and daddy." Why do I feel the need to clarify? So maddening. Take care, A.
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going great! So glad to hear that. I'm rooting for you to make it to 35 weeks. Your nursery is adorable!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear that the boys are "huge"! I really love the picture of the 3 cribs!
ReplyDelete