Tuesday, August 9, 2011

21 weeks and counting

We saw our boys today for the first time in five long weeks, and they look perfect.

They're all about 10 1/2 inches long (about the length of a carrot). Baby A weighs in at 3/4 of a pound, which is right on track for 21 weeks. Babies B and C are chunkier, topping the scales at 1lb (B) and 1lb 2 ozs (C), which is closer to what you'd expect for 22-23 weekers. Dr. Berry said that means they're measuring normal and "fat" and he loves to see both in high order multiples. What he doesn't want to see is skinny, which none of us are.

Heart rates and fluids are perfect. Growth is perfect. My blood pressure looks great. So we are doing really well right now.

We didn't get very clear profiles this time, but we saw a ton of cute arms, thighs, legs, toes, fingers, etc...They said from now on, it'll be difficult to get great profile shots, because they'll all be so squeezed in there. Today, they were all facing my back most of the time, but the glimpses of faces we saw were ridiculously cute. They were all movin' and shakin' throughout the entire scan. There is literally a non-stop party in my abdomen. It is so cool to watch.

I'm having some pretty severe lower back pain, and Dr. Berry explained casually that it's because the stationary bones in my lower spine and pelvis are actually bending and moving to accommodate the extra weight of three babies. Ha! Good news is that while I'm definitely beginning to feel the strain of three cooking in there, nausea is officially a thing of the past.

We see Dr. Phillips on Thursday for a regular OB appointment and will get to tour the NICU. I will update again soon.

Thanks so much for all of the support. We feel just enveloped in love and happiness, and it's helping to make this special time even more wonderful for us.

I've included a few pics of the boys along with a recent picture of our little threesome.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! We saw triplet boys (about two-years-old) at the library today and I thought of you. I am so happy they're doing well in there. I hope your back isn't too uncomfortable and you can rest. - Holly

    ReplyDelete