Friday, May 20, 2011

9 weeks and all 3 babies look good so far

9 week pic.

We went to Dr. Phillips on Wednesday, and the babies still look great. We can now tell which are identical and which is single. The identicals have their own sacs but may share a placenta (a very common thing with identicals, though they will watch it carefully because it adds some risk). We'll know for sure on Monday I hope. They look beautiful with hearts just beating away. They're about 1 inch with little heads, arms, legs. Matt saw a profile and said it was pretty darn cute. It's still very early, and this is obviously a high risk situation, but they're measuring the same now and hearts looks great, so so far, so good. More news on Monday.

They are putting me through the ringer, though the nausea at least comes and goes now, so I do have moments of feeling okay. I am huge already, which is common for triplets, especially in 2nd pregnancies. All in all, I feel entirely blessed. Here's a look at me at just 9 short weeks. I haven't gained any weight yet. It's just shifted I guess. I suspect it's the first of many shifts. Doc says for me to expect to park it at around 20 weeks, which is at the beginning of August.

Triplets on average come 8 weeks early, though we're obviously hoping we can get them bigger than that. They should be due on December 20th, but we'll likely welcome them in late October or early November.

Matt seems most worried about how we'll maneuver them all at the greenbelt. I figure if that's our biggest challenge, we're golden.

Will update again after our appointment on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment